Community Support Links
The following are links to organizations in our community that provide support to families and children.
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters - promotes the growth and development of at-risk children and youth in Clarington through a variety of mentoring programs with positive adult role models.
- Clarington East Food Bank- 905-987-1418: Tuesdays from 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Durham Children's Aid Society - protects children and promotes their best interests through the provision of services under the Mandate of the Child and Family Services Act.
- Grandview Children's Centre - offers medical services, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology(for preschool children), audiology, family support services and recreation services. Programs include the Preschool Outreach Program, Campbell's Children's School, Durham Preschool Speech and Language Program, Tri Regional Infant Hearing Program, and Durham ABA-based Services and Supports for Children and Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Kerry's Place Autism Services - offers supports for individuals and their families who have a diagnosis of Autism, Asperger's Syndrome, Rhett's Syndrome, Childhood Disintegrative Disorder, or Pervasive Development Disorder Not Otherwise Specified(PDDNOS). Services include residential, community outreach, employment, educational services and respite care.
- Kids Help Phone- 1-800-668-6868- The Kids Help Phone is available 24 hour a day. Their mission is to improve the well-being of children and youth in Canada by providing them anonymous and confidential professional counselling, referrals and information in English and French, through technologically-based communications media.
- Kinark Child and Family Services - is a children's mental health organization that provides help to children, youth, families and communities.
- Learning Disabilities Association of Peterborough - is a non-profit charitable organization committed to enabling individuals with learning disabilities to reach their full potential. Their efforts are directed toward assisting people with learning disabilities and their families by providing support, guidance and resource information.
- Learning Disabilities Online- seeks to help children and adults reach their full potential by providing accurate and up-to-date information and advice about learning disabilities and ADHD.
- Resources for Exceptional Children and Youth -- Durham Region -Programs funded through the Regional Municipality of Durham to support children with special needs and their families include Consultation, Enhanced Staffing, Resource Library and Family Networking.
- Society of Saint Vincent de Paul - Serving our neighbours in need through home visits, food supplies and clothing. (905) 786-2249